Monday, January 18, 2010

Rain Drops Keep Fallin' On My Head

So we are in the midst of Storm Watch 2010! By all reports this storm could bring more rain in a weeks time than the average annual rainfall for SD. So with rain on the brain, (see what I did there?) I decided to compile a list of my favorite songs about rain. I couldn't believe how many great songs came to mind. My list turned into a top 20. In no particular order....

“A Hard Rain’s a-Gonna Fall” – Bob Dylan
“Africa” – Toto
“Have You Ever Seen The Rain” – CCR
“No Rain” – Blind Melon
“Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head” – B.J. Thomas
“Blame It On The Rain” – Milli Vanilli
“Purple Rain” – Prince
“Singin’ In The Rain” – Gene Kelly
“I Can’t Stand The Rain” – Missy Elliott
“Why Does It Always Rain On Me” – Travis
“It Wish It Would Rain Down” – Phil Collins
“November Rain” – Guns N’ Roses
“I Love A Rainy Night” – Eddie Rabbitt
“Fire & Rain” – James Taylor
“I Can See Clearly Now” – Johnny Nash
“Box of Rain” – Grateful Dead
“Rain” – The Beatles
“Here Comes The Rain Again” – The Eurythmics
“I’m Only Happy When it Rains” – Garbage
“(Here Comes The) Rain” – The Cult

No comments:

Post a Comment